Saturday, June 26, 2021

I set up a garden in my living room and did photoshoots

Project The Garden was born as the world shut down, as we were all told to stay inside. As my walls closed in I began to create a place of wonder, with no confines, where anything could grow and anything was possible.

The Garden is mostly shot in my lounge room, where I have built a set! I thought it was a lockdown project, but I was wrong. Eight months into the creation of the series, I was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer and my world changed.

The Garden began as pure escapism but with my breast cancer diagnosis, the journey shifted. Over the following months, from the scenes I created began emerging the themes that were being mirrored in my experience of what was happening in my world. Each image began to reflect the wild journey of fear and uncertainty I found myself on, but woven through the tales were signs of hope, fragility, rebirth, and new beginnings.

1. From The Midnight Mist


2. The Reign of The Moon Queen


3. In Her Eyes, The Stars


4. Hera's Watchman


5. Summer's Silent Secret


6. I Awake


7. The Chaos of Colour


8. The Darkest Night of Summer


9. The Golden Wings of Dawn


10. Home


11. A Chrysalis Soul


12. Sweet Somnia


13. Paradise Lost


14. The Promise of Sunrise


No comments:

Post a Comment